Life is hard, and so can finding time and money to fix what you think is only a cosmetic issue like crooked teeth. However, if you avoid correcting your crooked teeth now, you will be saving more money in the long run but avoiding some of these serious issues that are caused by crooked teeth.
Problems That Can Arise From Crooked Teeth
- Teeth Are More Difficult To Clean
- Its fairly simple, things are easier to clean when they are straight and easily accessible. The same concept applies to your teeth as crooked teeth will create hard to reach spaces that are difficult to clean even with a toothbrush and floss.
- Jaw Pain
- If your teeth are growing crooked, this can cause your jaw to realign and not in a good way putting unnecessary strain on your jaw. This can lead to a feeling that is uncomfortable and could even cause something called TMD which stands for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, which is often referred to as TMJ.
- Decreased Oral Health / Gum Disease
- This issue related to your teeth being more difficult to clean. That is because if your teeth are not properly cleaned and maintained, it can lead to gingivitis. Gingivitis is the beginning stage of gum disease which can lead to a more serious condition of gum disease called periodontitis which can lead to tooth loss.
- Tooth Damage
- Crooked teeth will continue to grow crooked causing teeth to overlap and grind against one another. This will continue to happen until you correct your crooked teeth damaging your teeth and your enamel.
- Puts Your Overall Health At Risk
- Again, crooked teeth can headaches, neck, jaw and shoulder pain affecting your day to day activities. Also, periodontal disease has been linked to diseases such as heart disease.
- Often times, the first thing people notice when they look at you is your teeth and smile. If you are suffering from crooked teeth, you may subconsciously be avoided showing your smile to new people when you have to speak with them negatively affecting your work experience and social encounters such as dating.
Schedule An Appointment
If you or a loved one is suffering from crooked teeth and would like to learn about the solutions we offer to treat your crooked teeth; please schedule an appointment at our Florence, SC dentist office, call 843-203-5155 or request an appointment online.